Servant 2
Luke 17:7-10 – Suppose one of you has a servant plowing or looking after the sheep. Will he say to the servant when he comes in from the field, ‘come along now and sit down to eat’? Won’t he rather say, ‘Prepare me supper, get yourself ready and wait on me while I eat and drink; after hat you may eat and drink’? Will he thank the servant because he did what he was told to do? So you also, when you have done everything you were told to so, should say, ‘we are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty’.”
This was a very interesting verse to think about. I was kind of confused at first but when you think about it, it makes sense. I think it’s talking about we are so unworthy. We are unworthy of even being known as a servant of God. I keep going back to the phrase that, God doesn’t need us to accomplish His good deeds, but yet He chooses to use us anyways. And when He does use us, how often do we expect God to tell us thank you. All the time right? Reality check, we are here to serve God and not the other way around. We are unworthy of being used by Him to display His glory. That’s the reality here. Straight up people.
That’s my reality check. This applies to me on a personal level, I should be telling God thank you for allowing me to work for Him. It’s my duty on this planet to serve and worship God. I am on this earth for the soul purpose to glorify Him. I don’t have to just do my duty. I want to go above and beyond for the cause.
Application

I am going to pray for Brittney and lift her up because she works hard for the cause!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency