Obedience 2
2 Corinthians 10:5 – casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.
God calls us to do several things here. We are called to cast out all arguments from your heart and mouth. And take every thought captive, good or bad, and lay it at Jesus’ feet. I think this is telling me that we don’t need to argue or act like we are above reproach, because we are not! Obedience is a key in walking with the Lord. Here this passage tells us that one way we can be obedient is to take every puffed up thought captive. How do we do that? Prayer. We must pray that we can overpower our flesh filled mind by being empowered by Christ. We must remember that our thoughts are not our own. They belong to Christ. By obedience, we should submit all our rights, and even down to our thoughts, to Him.
The way we ponder upon things is just as important as how we act outwardly. It starts with the heart and mind and they it reflects the outward performance. For me, something that I struggled with was a distracted mind. For example, I would go to pray or hear a prayer, and my mind would immediately be cluttered with things. I could never pay attention to the prayer. I literally got so frustrated every time. And I prayer about that a lot to, that my mind would de clutter itself. And it did! Every time I get distracted now with whatever pops in my mind, I imagine taking it in my hands and crumpling it up into a ball then throwing it into the heavenly can. God has been helping me through this even today. He does the best basket shots ever!
Application

Seek prayer from my roommates on this matter, Rachel will hold me accountable. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency