Perseverance 3
Colossians 1:11 – strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy.
In this passage, Paul is breaking down how to God will strengthen us in the midst of our trials. He starts out by saying that through Christ, we are strengthened with all might. Notice the word “all” here. This to me iterates that God is a generous with us. Eph 3:12 reinforces this verse. It reiterates, “to be strengthened with might through His Spirit. And again in 6:10, “be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. So it’s safe to say that God promises to give us the strength. He continues on to say that it’s through His glorious power, that in the midst of our trail, he will fight our battles. It’s His power alone that we shall prevail. If we preserver on and rely on the Lord, it’s through Him that we receive ALL the power, ALL the strength, and ALL the patience for our longsuffering.
This is encouraging passage for me. It reminds me that no matter what my trail is, and no matter how much the darkness seems to be overtaking me, I still have Christ. It Is Him who walks with me every day and who provides me with His everlasting strength and encouragement. Man, His love just overwhelms me. It fills me with warmth. Like the feeling when you step out into the sunshine. Its rays glow surround me. Let me get back on track, Perseverance. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Through His Spirit, He gives me strength to face very season of my life.
Application:

I am going to ask people what they did to perseverance through a trial and what they God showed them in the end of that season.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency