Contentment 2
Luke 3:14 – Likewise the solider asked him, saying, “And what shall we do?” So he said to them, “Do not imitate anyone or accuse falsely, and be content with your wages.
This soldier is asking John what he should do to walk rightly. John answers him by saying that He needs to walk his own path. We are not to falsely accuse people. And also be content with what is given to you. You might be asking yourself, “Why should these things be important to our daily walk?”  Well I think I have an idea on why. The bible talks about all of these things on separate occasions. Ephesians 5:1 says that we are called to be imitators of God. If we look to the right and left and compare ourselves to others, it will tar us down.  When we accuse others falsely, I put myself in their shoes. If I was accused falsely, I would feel hurt and betrayed. Just like Jesus was falsely accused in Matthew 27:12. I could only imagine how saddened that made Him. And we are to be grateful for everything we receive.  What do these things have to do with anything? Well, If we are busy looking everywhere but on Christ, that can cause not only us to stumble, but those around us. We can start to become bitter and deceitful towards others and tear them down. That’s not what God’s heart is about. He’s called us to look to Him, and be filled. Be free and imitate Him alone. For he gives us strength and contentment for all our days. He also provides everything that we need.
I can defiantly relate to this verse. It’s a good reminder to keep our eyes on Christ and be satisfied in Him. So often times I look down upon myself and try to act like others because I think that people would prefer me acting this way or that. But, God tells me to look unto Him and He will make me His own. I will be a unique part of His body of believers. Through this, I am found in Him, and I am satisfied in who I am. I am content with anything He has for me. It’s a hard road to travel but my source of strength is Him.
Application

Write down a verse that encourages me to be set apart and unique. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency