Contentment 5
Psalms 17:15 – As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness.
David is always real when he prayers. He is super humbled as well. Here we see David telling God that no matter what, He will be content in Him. David will be satisfied with God’s presence alone. He’s contentment comes by just looking unto God’s face in all His righteousness and holiness. David prayer’s Lord, let me be satisfied. The more time I spend with you the more I get to bask in your glory. I come alive through your presence.
How good is our God? He love’s when we seek His face and spend time with Him. And we benefit by coming alive through that. It’s like His likeness rubs off on us. I can surely tell you that God is moving in my life. The past month I have been in the word every day. I can tell you personally that I have learned so much about Him. So much so that I am beginning to learn and understand His heart. The more time I spend with Him, His heart becomes my heart. God seemed to lay on my heart Costa Rica. But, I didn’t know that. I didn’t know when how to distinguish between my desires from His. I remember praying, “Lord, you know my heart. I want contentment in you but if you don’t send me to Costa, send me somewhere that would stretch me.” But even after all those prayer, God never took Costa Rica off my heart. Now since I am defiantly being sent there, my heart is already with the country. The point is, being in God’s presence, you get a sense of His heart. You know his heart, His heart becomes yours.
Application

I am going to thank the Lord for His heart towards me. I will write a prayer and keep it as a remembrance of his goodness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency