Adaptability 2
1 Corinthians 9:22&23 – to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I might be a partaker of it with you.
This verse is a very personal one to me. This verse is so important for ministry it’s not even funny. As Christ followers, we are called to lay aside ourselves and step into others shoes in order to win souls. Now you might be ask yourself, “Why would God tell us to become like in others to win them over?” Well the answers simple, it all about relatability. People want people who they can relate with. Whether they admit it or not, the modern society want someone to be considerate and relatable with them. Love and compassion need to be a key component to your adaptability. Like, Jesus came down in the likeness of us to be relatable with us. He then built up a relationship with His disciples and connected with them. Then He poured into them and showed them the wonders of what life could be like with Christ on their side. And all of their lives were transformed forever because God took 12 individuals under His win. He took time with them and lifted them up. He did life with them. Like He does with us.
So, I work with a lot of kids and teens in Texas. They all have many different personalities and walks in life. One thing I constantly had to remember when working with the kids, was that I was there for them. I was there to put their shoes on for a couple hours. If they want to dance, then I danced. If they want to get a little crazy, then I get a little crazy. If they wanted to just relax and talk, then I would stay out with them as long as they wanted. That showed them that I are willing to do what it took for them to be comfortable around me. They appreciate that, it was a breath of fresh air to them. To know that there are genuine people out there who want to take the time to do life with them. They open up to people who are real and relatable with them. They crave someone to listen and be there for them. Just like we crave for the presence of Christ. We crave His realness and love to shine through our life, like a warm ray or sunshine.
Application

At Kids Club, I will hang with one kid and in hope that the end of the day, they will feel comfortable around me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency