Wisdom 5
Ephesians 5:15-17 – See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
If we walk by godly wisdom, then it will help us determine what our purpose is. But there’s a few curve balls to this. Right here in this verse, it’s basically promising us that there are going to be hard days ahead. There is nothing we can do to prevent them but to stay faithful in your calling. The verse goes on and says, “Therefore.” Now this is a very important transition word. It letting us know that the next portion has something significant to say to us. And that is, DO NOT BE UNWISE. Plan and simple. Don’t do it. The bible tells us on many occasions to not be wise in your own worldly eyes. It also tells us that a fool will look at the world with his own eyes and not through the eyes of Christ. That is definitely a dangerous place to be. I bet your wondering what the Lords will is. Well, we understand from Romans 12:2, that He’s calling us to not only be sanctified in His name, but to also be transformed by the renewal of mind. Once that is accomplished, we can walk out our renewal in the Holy Spirit. By doing that, we can prove what is the meaning of a good and acceptable will of God. How neat it that!
Looking at all of this it’s a good reminder for me careful I need to be in my walk through life. I have to remember that there is always going to be something that tries to take my eyes off him. Dwelling over my short time spent here, I realize that I focus on other people more than I do my God. I compare myself to others in way. And let me tell you, it’s exhausting. I’ve been praying daily that God would renew my mind and take my eyes off others around me and put it on Him. For all I desire in this world is to be good and acceptable in His eyes. I want to accomplish His purpose.
Application

I will write down verses to encourage me to keep my eyes on Him alone. I have asked Danni to keep me accountable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency