Wisdom 3
James 1:5 – If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach.
Here, God is telling us that if you or I are lacking in wisdom, all we have to do is ask for it to be given to us! It’s literally that simple, ask. Jesus tells us in Matthew 7:7, “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and he who seeks finds, knock, and it will be open to you.” So often times we feel like we have to do something for God to obtain wisdom from Him. Or, we might feel like we have to jump through hoops in order for Him to give it to us. But that’s not how our good Fathers works. He says it’s freely given to those who come and knock on the door.  I believe that God wants to bless us through our persistence in asking. He gives us the chance to open up the blinds and allows us to look at all the wonderful scenery that is before us. The scenery shows us a better understanding to who He is and what He wants to do through us.
In Matt 7:8, it continues on saying that if we ask, we surely will receive! Dude, that’s a promise. For the past 2 years, this is theme has been coming up in my prayers a lot. I ask my Father to grant me the privilege of opening up my eyes, so that I can further my understanding of what wisdom, knowledge and discernment truly is. I ask Him to help me not only understand it, but to live it out and apply it to my life daily. Which I seem to fail at every day, I’m not going to lie.  But honestly, thank you God for your unending grace and mercy that You continually lavished it upon me.
Application

Today I will write down a verse that helps me understand what it looks like to walk out wisdom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency