Faith 4
Luke 8:22-25 – “Now I happened, on a certain day, that He got into the boat with His disciples. And said to them, “Let us cross over to the other side of the lake.” And they launched out. But as they sailed He fell asleep. And a windstorm came down on the lake, and they were filling with water, and they were in jeopardy. And they came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Master, Master, we are perishing!” Then He arose and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water. And they ceased, and there was a calm. But He said to them, “Where is your faith?” And they were afraid, and marveled, saying too one another, “who can this be? For He commands even the winds and water, they obey Him!”
Looking at this, right off the bat I notice that the disciples are in the midst of a crisis. Imagine it, you’re sitting in the boat, and the huge storm roles in.  All around you, you’re seeing waves crashing over you and water is starting to overtake the boat. That to me signifies, the world crashing over me and I can’t SEA a way of escape. When the doubt creeps in that God won’t reveal himself to me in the way He seems to make Himself known to others. The story goes on further and I envision them yelling in panic to Jesus to save them and give them a way of escape. Like the way I call out to God to make himself known me in my times of desperation. I cry out, Father! Reveal yourself to me! Why can’t I hear you? Now, imagine again with me, He stands up and calms everything. The storm, the wind, and waves, completely silenced obediently. That’s the representation of Christ, calming all my fears and doubts about my self-doubt.
He says to me, “Where is your faith,” Sarah? Don’t you know that my timing is perfect and that I have everything under control? And this is where I just submit. I commit myself to You, Lord. With all my doubts and fears. I will rely on your perfect timing for you to make yourself known to me, through an open heart.
Application

I have asked Micaela to pray with me for the rest of the week to encourage me, and we will both lift up my struggles to Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency