Wisdom 2
Psalms 111:10 – The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; All those who practice it have a good understanding. His praise endures forever.
Psalms is telling us that in order to obtain wisdom, we must first fear the Lord.  What is fear?  My mom told me that fear is almost like having healthy respect for God. With that, the Bible tells us that our fear should be clean and pure. (Psalms 19:9) It also says that if we fear God, we shall not want for anything (psalms 34:9). If we fear the Lord, it brings protections and provision. (Prov 29:25) We are called to, “The fear of God and obey his commandments (Ecc 12:13).  We are also heard by God because of our godly fear. “If we walk in fear of God and comfort in the Holy Spirit.” I say “If” a lot because it’s a choice. We can choose to fear Him or we would lack in knowledge and fear and be a fool. But this is when I ask, why wouldn’t we want to fear Him? For Jeremiah 10:7 says, “Who would not fear You (God), O King of the nations? For this is Your rightful due. For among all the wise men of the nations, And in all their kingdoms, There is none like you.”
When I started to fear God, that’s when He starts to unfolds Himself to me. He unfolds His secrets and truths that He has planned for me. He starts to let me look through His miraculous eye, and things start to come into perspective. With much clarity.  After unfolds and reveals things to me, is when my wisdom and understanding start to take on a new form. My wisdom starts to shape my discernment and knowledge. He says that we also need to practice it! I need to start putting this into action. I need to start seeking the Lords wisdom through a fearful perspective, rather than my own perspective.
Application:

I will write down a bible verse to encourage me to pursue the Lord through a fearful perspective tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency