Faith 5
Mark 10:47-49 – And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, “Jesus, son of David have mercy on me!” Then many warned him to be quiet; but he cried out all the more, “Son of David have mercy on me!” So Jesus stood still and commanded him to be called. Then they called the blind man, saying to him, “Be of good cheer, Rise, He is calling you.”
Imagine this, you’re sitting far off in the street, and all of a sudden, you hear a blind man calling out to Jesus. He’s yelling so loud that the people around him seem to become almost annoyed with him. They are telling him to be silent. But he’s not worried about them, or what they are saying. He calls out even louder this time, “Jesus! Have mercy on me!” When Jesus realizes He’s being called on that He was being called, He Stopped. In that moment, He recognizes the cry of a person in desperation. He calls out to the Him. And let me tell you, here is where I laughed. I can imagine the look on the people’s faces around him. They probably felt pretty stupid in that moment. They said to him, “Go! He’s calling you!”
This is so powerful to me. I picture myself as the blind man. The world is trying to hold me back from calling out to Christ. I’m blinded from my doubt. My doubt of not measuring up to others around me. The lie that Satan (and my flesh) tells me I’m not good enough. He likes to whisper in my ear that my IBS isn’t good like everyone else’s is. Or, he will play a face card down, that God won’t speak to me or us me as powerfully as He seems to be to him/her. But I refuse to listen to him any longer. I’m sick of being held back by his deception. I no longer want to be blinded from the truth. So I turn and cry out to the only One who can save me.  I hear my Father is calling out of my blindness. He says to me, Come, Sarah. Come be with me. You will no longer be blinded by the world.
 Thank you, Father for calling me. For choosing to respond to me through your loving mercy.
Application

For the rest of the week, I will write down something each night the Lord spoken to me through His word. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency