Obedience 4
Ephesians 6:1 – Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
Colossians 3:20 – Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord.
We are to obey our parents and the authority’s that the Lord has put in our life. Well there’s no secret message here that we, as humans, like to decode from the scripture. It’s straightforward and to the point. He says to us, Children. My loved ones. Please, if you love Me, obey the people who I have set before you. I know it can be hard sometimes but it’s for your own good. If any of you are like me, you may have asked the question, why is it important to obey? Again, simple. Because by this simple act of obedience towards our parent/authorities, we bring glory and honor to our Father. And that, is well pleasing to Him. That is right in the sight of His eyes.
I could have all the right words to say about these verses but words mean nothing if there is no application beyond it. I’ll be the first to say personally that obedience is HARD. It’s challenging and I believe that it completely goes against our flesh. Obedience is something that takes practice and much prayer. I would always have a chore list on Saturdays and periodically throughout the week. I almost always had a bad attitude about it. Seriously, ask my Mom. Looking back at it, she really didn’t ask me to do anything super big and it would any take me about an hour or two if I would buckle down and do it. I would usually throw attitude or shade her way as well because I was a rude and difficult child at time. I wasn’t doing right by the Lord. And I certainly wasn’t pleasing him with my attitude.
Lord, I am sorry. Change my heart and help me fix my eyes away from my flesh and on to you.
Application:

This week I will have a better attitude about KP. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

I am the True Vine