Contentment
1 Timothy 6:6-8 – Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.
A great gain arises once we truly understand what it’s like to live a godly life with contentment. And when we recognize that we ultimately have no control over our life, and that it’s all in the hands of God, this is when we shall be content.
Here we see that Paul writing Timothy on how he can teach and exhort the people. One of his main points were that if we are being content, it can bring you great gain. What is great gain? This too me, makes me thing of an abundant increase, but of what? I think Paul could be implying multiple different things within these two words. Great gain of wisdom, knowledge, blessings, and honestly I believe the list could go on for miles. But, Paul also knows that people think they are entitled to everything. We think that we can have a say in where we are going with our life, when in reality, God is the one who has the finally say. My PFM’s RA’s favorite phrase to say is, “blessed are the flexible.” I honestly can say I understand what they mean now. Paul straightforwardness in this passage makes me feel vary convicted. God’s not asking us to lead the way. He’s asking us to rely on the Holy Spirit, and be content on where He leads. Great gain will happen when I allow Him take control and just sit down in the passenger seat. For me, I will defiantly be making this a long term goal in my life.  Coming up, I will be given the chance to put this into practice in the next week or two. All I need to do is just say yes to God and be flexible to His calling over my life.
Application
For the next day I will just go with the flow of the day and do what I am asked to do, no questions asked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency