Obedience 5
Hebrews 13:7 – Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the words of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct.
This verse shows almost an outline for us to follow. We are to follow the authorities that God puts ahead of us. We are to learn and glean from their spiritual fruits. We are to observe their faith and follow after. Add their knowledge that the Lord has bestowed upon them, into our mental bank and lock it away in our heart. I am a firm believer that depending on the people we allow to hang out with, we will become like. If we hang out with good role models in place, it will help us to succeed in life. If we have a more risky group we are surrounding ourselves with, we are more likely to be swept away in shenanigans. It’s all about who you put before you and who you choose to follow. My hope is to continue to be poured into by my godly friends. That when I look at their life it would encourage me to want to pursue after God harder.
When I was around 14 I believe. I made these two new friend in the neighborhood. I thought they were awesome, and I thought their house was awesome because it had a pool! So naturally, especially in the summer, we were always there swimming and hanging out. They weren’t necessarily bad girls but they just had bad attitudes. But I was so blinded by their friendship and their materialistic things that I didn’t realize I was starting to act like them. I started to argue and question my parents more. I began to develop a bad attitude towards chores and my brothers. I become a little brat basically. My parents had to pull me back from that and start correcting my behavior and attitude. People do effect you. Their manners can invade your good soil and slowly begin to grow weeds here and there. Always seek after the Lord. After His heart and His people. Your soil will not only be blessed by that but also nourished and produce a plentiful garden.
Application

I am going to lift up in prayer my two old friend and also give thanks to the Lord by writing down a verse of gratification.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency