Contentment 4
Philippians 4:11 – Not that I speak in regards to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content.
Paul is hitting us with the hard truth people. He is saying that no matter what situation you might be going through, we are called to be content. What does contentment mean? It is to be satisfied with anything that is thrown at you. Its understanding that no matter where you are in life is exactly where God wants you to be. If God is satisfied, then I need to be humbled into submission with it. It’s like when your mom asks you to do a task. You can either do it with a happy attitude or you could grumble about it. With a good attitude, you do that job so much better than if you would do it with a complaining mood. In the end, if it’s done well, then your mom is satisfied and God blesses me through my willingness. Most importantly, Contentment is one of the main points to a relationship with Christ. If we can’t confidence that He knows what’s best for us, then how do we expect to simply trust in Him.
About a year ago, all I seemed to do was go to work, church, hang out with friends and family and that was it. I remember saying to God, “Lord, there has to be more than this. I’m tired of not doing anything purposeful with my life.” Looking back, I was so ignorant.  I know I missed out on so many blessings that the Lord could have given me, because I wasn’t content with y setting. I could have had so many opportunities to minister right in my town. But my attitude and heart wasn’t in it. What a crappy excuse huh? Don’t miss out on the opportunity that Christ has for you right in your backyard. Don’t be blind like I was.
Application

I will be asking my roomies to pray for the upcoming months ahead. Specifically that we would be sensitive to the Spirit and not miss out on any opportunities that the Lord has for us. Mikaela will keep me accountable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency