Sold Out


Sold Out

John 6:67-68 – So Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you want to go away as well?” Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.”


The more I search the word, the more the Bible shows me how much of a sinful person I truly am. All my life I have known the stereotypical ‘physical guidelines’ to being a Christian and I lived by them. I didn’t party, I didn’t drink, I didn’t curse, I hung out with my Christian friend,  I served in the church,  went to Bible studies, and etc. I said some spiritual things here and there without even thinking about what they truly meant. But here lies the problem, I only walked the walk and talked the talk. These are all level one sins that I, thank the Lord, stayed clear from. I wasn’t an outer dirty person, but it was the inner filth that I paid no attention to. To be clear, I loved the Lord then. It’s just that, it was more outer works and going through the motions then doing it because I truly loved the Lord.  I lacked a depth in my relationship with Christ and only scraped the surface.  And honestly the more I think about it, the more I really want to cry because I really was just being a works based Christian.  I never truly got the significance of the cross until my time in my training phase of this program. One which broke me. And here in Costa Rica, God keeps testing me in choosing this day whom you will serve. He told me I can’t have it both ways. Then I read this verse. It felt as if Jesus was asking me, “Do you want to go away as well?” All of a sudden, this fear was instilled in me, which was something that I was praying for. That I would fear God. That I would have a fear of walking away from him. That fear that I wouldn’t want to go anywhere but into his arms.

The Boldness that Simon Peter had here is remarkable. He’s saying, ‘God, we know you’re the real deal and everything that is worth living and dying for is you… We are sold out for the Father.’ I pray that in each passing day that which tests me by bringing me hurt or pain, agonizing suffering, joy and laughter, all in which I can still stand strong and say to God, I was faithful and I will continue to praise you in everything. This all will be without a doubt tested when I come back home to the States.  I want to stay consistently in the Word of God and consistently living a life that reflects everything God asks me to do in him Truth. I want actively live out the Word so people hate me like they did Jesus. I want God to be that difference in me. Because I don’t want to store worldly riches, I want heavenly treasures that last for eternity. Above all, I want God. Please pray that God would strengthen me and make me unashamed of the gospel and share it boldly with no fear.

Application:

I will memorize John 8:31-32.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consistency

I am the True Vine

Blessed