Faith 3
Matthew 8:8-10 – The centurion answered and said, “Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed. For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this one, “Go,” and he goes; and to another, “come,” and he comes; and to my servant, “do this” and he does it.” When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, “Assuredly I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel.”
This centurion was a man with much power. He literally had a legion of soldiers underneath his command at the time. He defiantly knew what it was like to be in control and was a superior to the people[T1] . But there was something different about this individual. He was smart. He knew that there was nothing he could do with his earthly authority that could have healed his servant.  So he went to the only person he knew that could fix his problem. Jesus. And Jesus alone had the supernatural authority to heal his valued servant.
 Because the centurion’s believed through faith that Jesus could heal, I honestly believe that that is what healed his valued servant. There was no doubt in his mind that Jesus couldn’t heal his friend. Wow, just wow. This guy was so confident in Jesus and his authority through Christ, and that his FAITH is what ultimately saved his friend.
Thinking about this Centurion made me think about my Mom. She is the definition of a Proverbs woman to me. Not only that, but she a prayer warrior. One thing she prays about is for her children’s salvation. Now in days, it’s more for my older brother. She prayers that God would rescue him from the grasp that the world has over him. I believe that her faithfulness will bring him back to Christ.
Application, Mikaela and I will come together every night before bed and pray for my brother.

 [T1]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency