Sacrifice 4
Philippians 3:11 – if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
One thing that really sticks out here in this verse was the part that says, “By any means.” By any means, I shall attain Christ. It’s very challenging statement. Makes me think of how far I would go to achieve true salvation. You know? By Jesus dying on the cross, the prize he had to pay in order for me to live in the light was crazy. Since He did that for me, how far will I go to achieve the ‘by any means’ standard. If I am honest, I would love to say that I would give it all at any cost but that would be a lie. It’s hard for me to give a measly little French fry away, much less my life away.
As human nature, we believe that we are entitled to things. And it defiantly goes against everything in our nature to surrender our rights away. But that’s what God calls us to do. He calls us to follow the example of what He has been set before us. And that’s hard. But by any means, through Christ, I shall overcome and surrender. I want to be able to one day say that I would sacrifice everything for the Name of Jesus. I want Him to completely break me of myself and be humbled before His throne.
Application
I will not listen to music for the entire day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency