Discipline 2
1 Corinthians 9:24 -27 – Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one received the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore I run thus: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
This is a really cool verse for me. It’s a really good reminder of what we are running for. We are running for our crown of glory that the Father bestows upon us. We don’t run for this world. We don’t run for the air here. It’s crazy. It’s through discipline that we obtain the prize. Think of it through the analogy of a cross country race. You have to prepare for the race by training. Training takes a lot of time, effort, and preparation. You know what they say, training takes a lot of blood, sweat and tears. It’s so true though. You also have to be committed to your training. You have to restrain from certain foods and exercise daily. You put in the work in order to get the results that you want. With our walk in Christ we have to be willing to do whatever to get the best end results. 
I know for myself that I am a slacker. I try to shortcut things all the time, I admit shamefully. But I am working on it. But, it starts with repentance. The work I put in, is the work I want to get out. I want to do my best so that I can inherit the kingdom of heaven. So that means that I need to step out.
Application

Looks for ways to serve today in the little things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency