Power in Prayer

Discipline 5
1 Timothy 4:7 – But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.
I firmly believe, now more than ever, that the Lord is going to come back soon. If you take a look at what’s going on in this world, all the natural disasters, attacks breaking out, political conflicts, biblical prophesies coming to pass and so on. It’s seriously getting more and more corrupted in this world. That should scare us into taking every opportunity to spread the love and gospel to as many people as possible.  Friends, listen to me, you don’t want to be the reason why one person doesn’t hear what Jesus did for them. You never know if that day is their last day on this earth. I urge you to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit. Ask Him to fill you afresh today and to bring divine appointments. I don’t want to be the reason why one person goes to hell because I was to scare to be bold. For God has not given you a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7). Now with all that being said, WHEN we step out and WHEN God gives you that opportunity to share with His people, pray. Continue to pray for them after that encounter. The effective, fervent pray of a righteous man avails much (James 5:16b). You never know if your prayers had a hand in them coming to know Christ.
Prayer is powerful. I have to continually remind myself about this. Personally, I have a hard time praying. I used to be in the mindset that God already knew everything about me and what I did so what was the point in prayer. It’s that sad that that was my mindset. And some of you might have that same thought. I’m here to tell you that, yes, God knows everything about you. But He wants a relationship with you. It’s like a phone call. It has to be double sided connection. If you’re side doesn’t have good reception, then you aren’t going to be able to hear what God has to say to you on His side. Prayer, it’s how we talk to God. It’s important. Every day I have been in the IGNITE program, my connection gets a little strong as the days go on. I pray that you, my friend, that would be the same case.
Application
Write a prayer list and stick with it for a week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency