Sacrifice 2
Philippians 3:9 – and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is of faith through Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;
When I read this the first thing that came to my mind was, we are only found in Him. We only have righteousness because of the free gift God has given us. God enables us to have faith. Faith apart from Him is meaningless. So often times we can faith in other things or people. Like a boyfriend, or family. We can run to our social media, pleasures of the world, money, and basically anything that you can put your faith in other than Christ. My point in saying all of this, is that so often times we miss the point. We miss that it’s only through and by Christ that we can be satisfied. The world has nothing to offer us. But, the good Father has called us to righteousness. All He asks for us in return, is to have faith and know that He provides everything that we need. Don’t be afraid to step out and give it all to Him.
I know for me personally, it can be hard to have faith in the midst of hard times. It can be hard not to turn to the things of this world rather than running to Christ. It’s hard to be righteous in the midst of wicked world. But God reminds me that I am found in Him. I am made righteous and faithful through the Blood of Christ.
Application

Give up some social time tonight and practice at least 30 minutes of Spanish

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency