Sacrifice 1
Philippians 3:8 - Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them rubbish that I might gain Christ.
This is a very challenging verse for me. Why? Because it challenges me to not put things before the Lord. When Paul saysI also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord,” To me that implies that I need remember that God is in control of every situation, whether good or bad. He continues on by saying basically that he won’t allow the things which he has lost to hinder his race. He will be willing say, that if he has to lose everything, then so be it. As long as in the end, he gains Christ. How many of us can say that about our own life? How many of us can say that we would be willing to give up/lose your house, family, job, and etc.?
I can tell you that being here in the Ignite program, I have had to give up a lot of stuff. And I have had to surrender a lot of my rights to be here. That isn’t necessarily a bad thing either, if anything its good thing because then my dependence can be focused onto the Lord. I have had to give us my rights of doing things on my own time and will. I have had to give us my privacy. I have had to give up a lot of luxuries. But that’s okay. I haven’t had to give up nearly anything in my lifetime the way others have. It’s okay to just surrender and solely be dependent on Him. At the end of the day, I hope I can say that I would give everything up for Christ as long as that meant He would be my end goal.
Application

I am going to snacks for a week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency