Filled

Discipline 3
Mark 1:35 – Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed.
When I read this a question comes to mind, why does Jesus rise early to pray? Was is for the purpose of just the quietness in the morning, when no one else was awake? Or what? After asking around, I came to the conclusion that we need to get in the routine of starting off our day in the Lord’s presence. And, we do that by praying and being in the word. Jesus set the ultimate example before us. Waking up early takes discipline though. If you think about it, Jesus was a busy guy. He traveled everywhere and was constantly surrounded by people. So if we think that we are too tired to wake up in the morning, that wasn’t an excuse for Jesus, so it shouldn’t be an excuse for you are me either.
Lately, waking up early has been super hard for me. I feel like I have been constantly going and running on ‘E’, if you know what I mean. Our days are busy from start to finish and I have been feeling like there has been no room for rest. But that’s when God reminds me that Jesus rarely rested. His rest alone came from His Father who strengthen Him through everything. Sometimes, we feel like we are constantly be physically tired. Physically tired can be part of the reason, yes. But, when physical tiredness is interfering with your time with the Lord in the morning, then we need to use self-discipline and be diligent to get up.
Application:

Wake up at 5:30 and spend time we the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency