Sacrifice 5
Philippians 3:12-13 – Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead.
Sometimes we forget how much we are really holding onto. Whether it is from our past or if it’s a sin that is/has entangled us, those things can make it hard to move forward. But we have to remember that Christ has already defeated the grave. And, it’s though that that we become the overcomer by the power that lives within us. It’s through that power from the Holy Spirit that are able to leave the past behind us and take a step forward in our new life though Him. And I know I keep putting the word ‘through’ in there a lot. It’s sounding super repetitive. BUT, it’s only THROUGH Christ that we prevail. We can’t overcome any other way.
For me personally, I have to remember not to just get stuck in the mundane of life. I need to constantly stop myself from allowing my relationship with Christ to hinder. Every day I realize that it’s truly me, myself and I that keeps me separated from Him. My mindset and lack of enthusiasm keeps me from truly being connected the Holy Spirit. Encouragement, don’t let yourself to be held back by the ways of the world. Christ is our enabler to overcome in this hard life. Freedom is His name.
Application
Seek out a sister to come along side me and pray with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency