Importance of Prayer

Importance of Prayer

Matthew 26:41 – Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give into temptation. For the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
This verse was the verse for the Costa Rica Kids Club this week, and I really like the comfort/exhortation it gives me. As Christ followers we need to keep watch and pray. I for one have been slacking in that area all my life. But, thankfully the past 3 months I have learned the importance of prayer and how it is powerful and might tool to defeat the enemy. Most importantly though, it allows me to talk to my God, my Friend. That’s why it says keep watch, to be careful for when the devil tempts you. He likes to tempt us with our weak flesh because if we are not praying then we are not on guard. Our defenses are feeble and frail when we don’t keep continually go to God for our strength and edification. Here is says that the spirit is willing. It’s willing to build us up and to strengthen our faith but our flesh is weak. It doesn’t want us to receive the power that God has to offer us. It will do everything in its power to keep us distracted by the things of this world. But, let’s just keep it simple here. Prayer = Victory over temptation with Gods help. No prayer = defenses are down, no protection; you will fail because your flesh is weak.


I told you guys that prayer was hard for me. I wasn’t living. It’s still hard of me to do. Why? Because my flesh is weak. But, I have come to see the power in prayer the last 3 months. I have seen God answer me radically. For example, my family. While I was in Guatemala, I had been prayer that God would give my whole family a new and refreshed passion to know Him more and become more unified in the Spirit. I come home back to the States and hear that my parents are going to start doing a bible study together once a week. God tells us that it starts with the head of the family to start to make the change in order for the children’s lives to be effected. James 5:16b NLT says that “The earnest prayers of righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. How beautiful is that? I’m not a righteous person, but though Christ, I am made righteous.  God is good and He is faithful to fulfill is word. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency