Being a Student 2
Luke 2:46 – Now so it was that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking questions.
Like the last blog I did, this has a lot of the same concepts. First we must go to a place where we can seek Him. Then we have to sit and be at the feet of Jesus. We have to be willing to listen before we ask questions. Sometimes it’s hard to just sit and listen. It takes a lot of self-discipline to be silent before the Lord. That’s personally a really hard thing for me. I like to go, keep my hands and myself busy. Don’t get me wrong here, being busy isn’t a bad thing! But, if we are prioritizing it over sitting at Jesus’ feet and gleaning from Him, then we need to reevaluate ourselves. All God simply asks of us is to follow Him. “Do we know the God we claim to follow? And do we follow the God we claim to know?” - Keith Wheeler.  To follow God, we have to know God.  And, how do we know God? By listening/seeking Him and asking Him questions. That’s how we form a relationship with Him.
Those two questions have stuck with me my entire training. They have challenged me to strive to be a student of the Living God. For the first time, I actually asked God a question about Himself. Like a friend would ask another friend. I asked Him, what one of His favorite things to listen was. I kid you not, I was sitting outside when every sound faded away and I could hear only the sound of the birds magnify. In that moment, I felt Him say My creation. I took the time to ask God and then listen. God is good to reply to things that which are in His will. Take the time to listen and wait upon Him.
Application

When I am home, I will take a 30 minute quiet time to wait on the Lord

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency