Perfect Law

Perfect Law

Psalm 19:7-10 - The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes. The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever. The decrees of the Lord are firm, and all of them are righteous.

The Law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing to the soul. David is conveying that the law of the Lord is pure and righteous and undefiled. It’s not been corrupted or tainted. The ways of the Lord are not only refreshing but reviving to the soul. It’s what keeps us walking on the path of righteousness and gives us wisdom and peace. Everything that God has given us through his word is all true and sure. There is no fault with it nor is there any errors embedded in it. To those who seek wisdom and understanding, that’s what the words bring through the Holy Spirit. Everything that God teaches us is right. If we follow it, it brings us a unique joy that only comes from God. The more we follow what God is teaching us, the more we are enlighten through our obedience.  The fear of the Lord endures forever. All of Gods ways are just and righteous.

When I read this, I think about what David and what he thought about when he was writing this. The law isn’t something that David stressed about, but he delights in it! It’s not something that is a burden to him because he delights to walk a righteous life the way the Lord has commanded him to. This section of the Psalm is all about praising God. David declares that the law is perfect. God is sure, right, pure, and true. Everything about God is divine. I think that is something I forget a lot of times. God has put all of these laws in place so that I could experience the best in life. I could live a pure and healthy life. God gives all things for a purpose and plan, is just up to me if I want to follow them. This challenges me to praise God all the more and thank him for all his ways. That challenges me to fear God, trust God, and know that I can’t go wrong following the maker of the universe. I want to receive this kind of enlightenment and wisdom every day. And I can! I just have to choose the path of righteousness and not the way the world is following.

Application:

Spend 1 hour in prayer and reflection this week

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency