Best of Me

Best of Me

Numbers 18:29 – Out of all the gifts to you, you shall present every contribution due to the Lord; from each its best part is to be dedicated.

In this verse, God is asking Aaron to present everything that he gets back from the Israelites to present to him the best of everything. The livestock, the money, the firstborn male child and so on. God is asking for the best because that’s what he rightfully deserves! This really made me stop and think. Am I really giving all of my best to the Lord?


This is a really challenging verse.  Am I really giving my best to the Lord? Is the way I am spending my spare time pleasing to the Lord? Are my thoughts pleasing to the Lord? Is what I am receiving being given back to the Lord in 10 fold?  Is my actions and thoughts being dedicated back to the Lord as something pure and best? I have asked myself all of these things. Along with another questions that I presented in this chapter. Is the Lord enough for me. If he took everything away, would I be satisfied with just him by my side. I want to say yes, of course! But my flesh is week. My pray is that my life would be a holy sacrifice unto Him and that I can dedicated every moment as something that He can look upon and be proud of.  I want to serve him with my best foot forward and I want to do it well.

Application:

I'm going to spend 30 minutes in prayer this week

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency