He Will

He Will
Zephaniah 3:17 – The Lord you God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take a great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.

This is a powerful verse. It is powerful to me because it starts with a promise. The Lord IS with me. It’s doesn’t say He is there sometimes, it’s a constant and everlasting promise that He will never leave me. He is there through it all.  I need to have trust that he will save me from myself and the physical and mental things that try to keep me back from fulfilling my purpose. It also a comfort to know that God takes great delight in me. I have no earthly idea why I am a delight unto the Lord but I am.  I am not worthy to take joy in, no earthly thing is. But, when we recognize that we are nothing, then which allows God to show us how much He can truly use us for. We are like pencil you see. We are useless unless we are picked up by the hand of a creator to put it into motion. The Creator finds joy when he can draw something new. I am God’s delight not because I’m worth being used, but because he makes me usable. That’s pretty cool.

Next, He says He will quiet me with His love.  I don’t know about you guys, but I know for me I could use a little bit of quiet. Not noise wise of course but spiritually. I don’t want my flesh drowning out the sound of my soft spoken God. I need to have faith in the promise that He will protect me and come into all the small and big aspects of my life. He will calm all my fears. He will rejoice over me with singing. When I think of singing, I think of David. How he was so passionate to sing praises to God. The rejoiced in the presence of God. I can’t even imagine God over me. That’s like me rejoicing over a dirty worm. I’m not worthy of his song. But I thank God I get to be a part of that and that he chooses to rejoice over me. He chooses have his will upon me.
I know that God is going to work everything out and I don’t have to be afraid of my fears of not physically being able to do ministry the way I wish I could. But, God made me the way I am for a reason, and I have to trust that He will supply my every need, in every season. He will watch over me with his love and with that love he will calm all my fears.

Application

Have Rachael pray over me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency