A Listening God

A Listening God 
Psalms 5:1-3 - Listen to my words, Lord, consider my lament. Hear my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray. In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.

Lately, I have had a lot of things on my mind. Things that I have been worrying about and things that I have been trying to get under control for some time. This morning I was laying my heart out before God and I finally just gave it all to Jesus. I can tell you that after reading this, I know that God was comforting me and telling me that he hears my cry of distress.

 Currently, I have been struggling with my breathing a lot. Besides from changing a few things in my diet, there isn’t much I can do.  I don’t want my breathing to affect my ministry or hold me back from playing with the kids the way I want to. I want to run with them and give them piggy back ride and so forth, but that’s really hard for me to do in this kind of weather out here. I was telling all of that and more to God and then I read this comforting Psalm. I know that its only in God’s will that I be healed, but it’s comforting to just read that he hears my petition and he will work it all out of for me. One way of another. That means that I also have to trust God if he doesn’t heal me. Because it’s not my will that matters, because this life is not my own, but his will that counts. I know that one way or another, God is in control and that He works all things out for the good of those who serve Him.

Application
I will not drink Coca Cola for a week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency