Doer


Doer

James 1: 21-22 - Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is to save your soul. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

These verses are really something that challenges me because it tells you to be a doer of the word and not just a hearer. Why? Because honestly what’s the point of hearing it if we are not going to do it. That’s like going work and your boss tells you something and you completely reject and do the opposite. It’s like actively disobeying God which in turns causes him to have to judge us more severely. Because we knew better but chose to follow our flesh.  James was warning us to walk in holiness so that we can have everlasting life. It is the only acceptable response to the word of God. We must strip away the worldly clothes and allow God to cloth us in the new sanctification process.
I want to walk through this world shining in obedience for Christ. 

I want to be a doer of the word and not just a hearer. Hearing it only helps if we want to better ourselves by put the words into practice. And lately that is defiantly something I have been striving for. To actively follow what is written in the Bible. I want people to look at my life and be like ‘man, she’s different!’ That’s what I want. And I know through much prayer and dedication to studying the bible and the Holy Spirit, I can do it!

Application:

I will pray that the Lord will open up my eyes to reveal more things I can do serve and help others

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consistency

I am the True Vine

Blessed