Holiness

Holiness

Leviticus 22:31-33 - “Therefore you shall keep My commandments, and perform them: I am the Lord. You shall not profane My holy name, but I will be hallowed among the children of Israel. I am the Lord who sanctifies you, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: I am the Lord.”
This verse really stuck out to me today in my devotionals. It reminded me that because I love the Lord with everything I am, I must be obedient to the laws which he has set before me. You see, it’s a choice. I can choose ignore all of the things that God has asked of Christians to do or I can choose to obey and be blessed in the end. That’s the way the world differentiates between Christ followers and the world. Christians devote their life to the words of God and the world choices to solely satisfy itself. One of the things the Holy Spirit put here is do not profane the Holy name. Anything that we do as publicly professed Christians can either bring honor and glory to God or it can bring disgrace Him. That’s why I think they had so many procedure back then. Because it shows others that the Israelite's respected and feared God.

When we keep the word of God close to our hearts is because He alone can sanctify us. To sanctify means set apart as or declare holy; consecrate. God says “Be holy, for I am holy.” God does just that for us. He sets us apart and declares us holy because of what He did for you and I on that cross! God had been preparing His people for His son’s sacrifice ever since they were required by Him to started to make sacrifice unto Him. It’s that same set apart mindset that brings us out of our own personal Egypt and makes us stand out from the others. We couldn’t be any different from the world if Jesus didn’t die on the cross for us. We can’t be any different from them if we don’t understand just how truly sinful we really are. God knows how sinful we truly are, he sees us in the midst of our own mock but he decided to save us from Himself and send his son to pay the ultimate sacrifice. For you and for me. Because He is the Lord God Almighty.

In everything I do, I want people to know that I am a Christ follower. I want my life to be a living example of what God can do in others life as He did in mine.  I want to strive to be holy because He has asked that of me. I want to be obedient to preform when I am asked. I have been thinking a lot about being holy and how to really begin to understand that. I think God has been telling me that it’s constantly to die-to-self by putting the God’s standards before everything else. That’s how I want to choose to live my life.

Application

Do the dishes for a whole day and find ways to serve Rachael the rest of the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed

Consistency